Bauer Radio Limited’s general terms and conditions (available at the terms and conditions sections of the Websites) also apply to the ‘£1000 Thursday Competition’ (the “Competition”) and should be read in addition to these specific terms (together the “Terms”).
In the event that any provisions of the general terms and conditions conflict with these specific terms, the specific terms will prevail.
Terms And Conditions Bauer Radio Limited trading as Bauer’s Scotland’s Greatest Hits Network comprising Tay AM, Clyde 2, Forth 2, Northsound 2 and Westsound AM (“Bauer”) will be the promoter of the Competition. Bauer’s registered office is at 1 Lincoln Court, Lincoln Road, Peterborough, PE1 2RF and it is registered under company number 01394141.
Competition Dates • The Competition runs on Bauer Scotland’s Greatest Hits Network radio stations (listed above) (the “Network”) on Thursday 27th Feb 2014 (the “Competition Period”) between 06:00 and 18:59.
• Entries that are not received in the Competition Period, or that are received before or after the opening hours, will not be entered into the Competition and will not be eligible to win the Prize (as detailed below) but entrants may still be charged for the text.
How To Enter • Listeners can enter the Competition by SMS texting “PRIZE” followed by their answer “A”, “B” or “C” , whichever they think is the correct answer to the Competition Question (as described below) to the number 61025. For example: PRIZE B
• SMS texts cost £1.50 plus the standard network rate. Always ask the bill-payer before you send a text to enter the Competition.
• Entries will be accepted by SMS text or via the free entry method on the website. No entries can be accepted via telephone, e-mail or by any other method.
• listeners who do NOT want to receive marketing messages should end the text with the words ‘NOINFO’ Competition Details
• During each on air period (Thu 6am - 7pm), the competition will run either as a QUESTION ROUND i.e. we ask the listener to answer a question or a NON QUESTION ROUND i.e. The listener does not answer a question. We will not mix these formats during one individual competition period.
• QUESTION ROUNDS: At various points on each day (but only during the Competition Period and opening hours described above), Network presenters (“Presenters”) will ask the listeners of each station in the Network to answer a question from three multiple-choice answers (the “Competition Question”).
• The Presenters will give listeners three options to the Competition Question to choose from (each option will be allocated a letter: A, B, or C) (the “Options”). One of the Options will be the correct answer to the Competition Question for that day. The other two Options will be incorrect.
• The listeners must guess the correct Option to the corresponding Competition Question from the list of Options for that day and to text the correct Option (A, B, or C to 61025 as detailed above).
• A different Competition Question and list of Options will be provided by the Presenters on every week during the Competition Period.
• Each day during the Competition Period, the Competition will be run simultaneously on each station within the Network. This means that, entrants will be competing against listeners from other stations within the Network.
• After 18:59 during the Competition Period, the entrants who have texted the correct answer to the Competition Question on that day will be entered into a draw and one entrant will be randomly selected as the winner (the “Winners” and each a “Winner”).
• Each Winner will be announced by Presenters every day during the Competition Period between 06:00 and 01:00 on each station in the Network.
• A telephone call (to the phone number registered to the phone that the entrant has sent their entry text on) will also be made to each Winner by a member of Bauer’s team to inform them that they have won the Prize within 24 hours of the Winner being selected.
The Prize • Subject to compliance with these Terms, the Winners will each win £1,000 (the “Prize”). • Bauer will make reasonable endeavours, but does not guarantee, to deliver the Prize in cash to each Prize Winner’s home address or to such other place agreed between Bauer and the Winner (provided that Bauer will have the final say) within 48 hours of the Prize Winner being announced.
• If Bauer and the Prize Winner cannot agree on a time and location for Bauer to deliver the Prize to the Winner, Bauer reserves the right to make payment by cheque (sent to the address that the Prize Winner provides) or by any other means, within 30 days of the end of the Competition.
• There is only one Prize each competition period (as detailed above) for the entire Network. .
• The Winners’ name and home town will be announced on air (as described above) and may be published on www.clyde2.com, www.forth2.com, www.tayam.co.uk, www.northsound2.com and www.westsound.co.uk (the “Websites”).
• Winners will be ineligible to win further Prizes for the Competition but they will still be charged £1.50 plus the standard network rate if they attempt to enter the Competition again.
• Bauer will require the Winners to provide proof of age and residential address in order to claim the Prize. Other conditions • Bauer reserves the right to disqualify entrants (at its sole discretion) if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Terms.
• All entrants must be over 18 years old at date of entry and be resident in the United Kingdom.
• The Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
• Bauer has no responsibility or liability if texts fail to get through or if the Bauer team fails to get through when attempting to call a potential winner.
• Entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method are void.
• Bauer is not responsible for any costs associated with entering this Competition and/or accepting or claiming the Prizes.
• As a condition of entry, the Winners agree to take part in publicity (including appearing on air) and to their photograph being taken by Bauer. Bauer will keep a copy of any broadcast and / or photographs taken, which may be used for exploitation in any and all media for promotional or other purposes. Winners agree to assign to Bauer title to any intellectual property rights or interest that they may have in these copies.
• Employees of the Bauer Media group of companies (or anyone else professionally connected with this Competition) are not eligible to enter the Competition.
• Only one Prize may be won per household.
• In the event of any fault, misunderstanding, mistake or dispute concerning the operation of the Competition or allocation of the Prizes, including the correctness or acceptability of any answers given by Winners, or the operation of any technical and/or communications system, Bauer’s decision shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into in this regard.
• In order, to maintain the quality of Bauer’s programming and to protect listeners from harm, entrants may be disqualified if they are incomprehensible, inaudible or if it appears to Bauer (in its sole discretion) that the caller is driving, intoxicated or likely to offend listeners.
• Whilst entrants are taking part in any publicity, they warrant that they will not make any statement which (in Bauer’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or which would be likely to bring Bauer into disrepute.
• Bauer reserves the right to change, amend or cancel the Competition and / or these Terms at any time and without notice with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
• Other than for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence and so far as permitted by law, Bauer hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Competition or any aspect of the Prize.
• These specific terms and conditions are subject to English law and any disputes arising out of or connected to this Competition shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Complaints about this Competition may be made in writing (including via email) to email@example.com.
Bauer will endeavour (but does not guarantee) to respond to email messages within 5 working days. A complaint will not be considered if it is made more than 14 days after the date the Winner is announced.
Duncan Leven Programme Director – Scotland’s Greatest Hits Network (Clyde 2/Forth 2/Tay Am/Northsound 2/Westsound) T. 0141 565 2219 Duncan.firstname.lastname@example.org Bauer Media South Avenue Clydebank Business Park, Glasgow. G81 2RX